[SOLVED] ck-launch-session dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session xfce4-session

Enrico Tröger enrico at xfce.org
Wed Sep 8 10:30:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:21:01 +0200, Mike wrote:

>Hi Folk,
>
>I did some digging on forums and found *the* answer[1] after one hour
>of search (the album I was listening to is now over, sigh). Adding
>ck-launch-session inside xinitrc is okish, but it is missing simply
>dbus-launch. For the ones not having this problem, calling startxfce4
>with ck-l-s revived the shutdown/reboot buttons from the logout dialog
>(this change has been committed in xfce-utils:master already) but I
>and some of you were still unable to mount/unmount with
>gvfs-mount/Thunar.
>
>This actually never occurs if you login through GDM, however I don't
>want to figure the why and how now :) The solution is simple, within
>$prefix/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc the command to execute xfce4-session has
>to be changed from this:
>
>  ck-launch-session xfce4-session
>
>to this:
>
>  ck-launch-session dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session
> xfce4-session
>
>A patch for xfce-utils is attached on bug 6690[2].

I love you Mike :).
Thank you so much for spending time and efforts on this, YMMD.
With the above change it works like a charm.

I guess for production use, the patch could be optimised to adjust the
dbus-launch check starting at line 105 so that it checks for
dbus-launch but don't start it already, only remembers the result and
then insert it into the ck-l-s command below.
If I find time, I might add a patch for this.

Regards,
Enrico