Question about xfwm key assignments

George De Bruin sndchaser at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 22:34:44 CEST 2010

Thanks Liviu...  Guess I was so used to the shortcuts *not* being in
the keyboard settings in the past that I didn't look there now...
That's actually a welcome change though, it actually makes sense for
the keyboard shortcuts to be in the keyboard settings. :)

George

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM, George De Bruin <sndchaser at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've just installed Xubuntu 10.10, with Xfce 4.6.2
>>
>> I could have swore in some of the earlier versions it was actually
>> possible to edit / add key assignments to xfwm?  I normally use <meta
>> l> as the screen lock key as this is what many other desktops / wm's /
>> baffling, really.)
>>
> You probably want Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts. At some point the
> bindings got split into wm-related (WM > Keyboard) and custom ones.
>
> Regards
> Liviu
>

>> I recall reading on the mailing list (sometime back - cannot remember
>> when) that there was some transitional work going on and some of the
>> configuration things were caught in the transition...but is there no
>> way now to edit the key assignments?  It doesn't even appear that the
>> Settings Editor allows editing the keys, or adding a new command / key
>> configuration (the add button is greyed out).
>>
>> Any help or pointers is appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> ---
>> Faster moments spent spread tales of change within the sound...
>>

> --
> Do you know how to read?
> http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
> http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-dict#speed-reader
> Do you know how to write?
> http://garbl.home.comcast.net/~garbl/stylemanual/e.htm#e-mail

---
Faster moments spent spread tales of change within the sound...