Cut-and-Paste Buffer Disappearing

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 23 16:39:26 CEST 2010

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010, Mike Massonnet wrote:

> Xorg always behaved the same with respect to the clipboard. Once the
> text selected from one application is closed, the text selection is
> lost as well. You need to run a clipboard manager if you wish to keep
> your text selections intact after closing applications. This counts
> for both mouse selections and manual text copies (ctrl+c).

   The application is _not_ closed. When I press the middle button (actually,
both left and right simultaneously) I get a white line flashing on the
console, but that's it. When I go back to the original window the selected
text is still highlighted.

   I suppose that I did not explain clearly enough.

Rich