Thunar Dropbox for Opensuse?

Al Bogner xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Sat Oct 23 10:19:03 CEST 2010

Am Fr, 22 Okt 2010 20:10:02 CEST schrieb Jordan Metzmeier:

> On 10/22/2010 08:54 AM, Al Bogner wrote:
> > I found http://www.softwarebakery.com/maato/thunar-dropbox.html
> >
> > Does anyone know a repo for Opensuse 11.2 or 11.3 and
> > thunar-dropbox?
> >

> Wouldn't it need to come from upstream since it is proprietary? I
> would imagine they don't allow others to change their code for
> packaging and redistribute.

IMHO, the plugin isn't the dropbox-application itself, only the
integration in Thunar.

I found an acceptable way for me with Opensuse 11.2. I installed

nautilus-dropbox-0.6.1-1.1.x86_64
dropbox-0.6.2-1.24.x86_64

from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network/openSUSE_11.2/
and do a XFCE-autostart with "/usr/bin/dropbox start"

The dropbox-installation was initialized after the first dropbox start
from the command line, so I think a Thunar-plugin could be opensource.

If I want a file to sync, I click the openbox-tray-icon which opens the
Dropbox-folder with Nautilus. It looks like files are synced too, if I
simply copy a file with Thunar to the Dropbox folder.

Without X there is a bash script from
http://www.andreafabrizi.it/?dropbox_uploader

So I have a working solution for me.

Al