Fresh taskmgr doc for review

Marr wm33 at att.net
Sun Oct 10 17:16:41 CEST 2010

On Sunday 10 October 2010 09:01:53 Mike Massonnet wrote:
> I wrote a short user documentation for the task manager and since my
> english is not native I had like to receive some reviewers.

Hi Mike,

As a humble recent convert to Xfce, first let me say "Thank you!" to you and
all the other maintainers and developers for all your work on this great
project!  It is very much appreciated by myself and (undoubtedly) countless
other mailing list lurkers like me.

After a quick review of your documentation, I'd suggest these small changes in
addition to the ones already mentioned by Christian Dywan:

(1) "The information about the processes are presented on multiple columns."

This should say "in multiple columns".

(2) "When right clicking a task it is possible"

A comma should be used after "task".

(3) "The higher the priority of a process the more it will be privileged"

A comma should be used after "process".

(4) "The task scheduler selects continuously processes to be executed on one
CPU core."

I would swap the words "selects" and "continuously", which reads more
naturally in English.  In other words, it sounds better as "The task scheduler
continuously selects processes (...)".

(5) "Show percentage values for example for memory and CPU with decimals for
more precision."

This reads a bit clumsily. Maybe something like "Show percentage values (e.g.
for memory and CPU) with decimals for more precision." would be better?

(6) "When closing the window hide the application inside the notification
area."

A comma should be used after "window".

(7) "This option also activate the icon within the notification area."

Change "activate" to "activates".

Hope my comments are useful.... Thanks again for all your efforts!

Regards,
Bill Marr