Recommend a replacement for mailwatch-plugin?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 18:57:48 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-22, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2010-09-21, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My mail notifier is available at:
>>
>>   http://www.panix.com/~grante/files/imapnotify-0.10.tar.gz
>>
>> It requires Python and pyGTK.
>
> Just to clarify: This isn't an XFCE panel plugin or applet or widget
> or anything like that.
>
> It is a stand-alone X11/Gtk application.

Based on user input, I've made a few changes and a new version is
available:

http://www.panix.com/~grante/files/imapnotify-0.20.tar.gz

Changes since 0.10:

  * Added  -f, --config-file command-line option.

  * Added ability to show number of unseen mails in tooltip and in
    button labels.

  * Buttons are now yellow when IMAP connection to mailbox is not up.

  * Added support for 'desktop' window manager hint. [No, I don't know
    what this is supposed to do.]

  * Added support for 'keep_below' window manager hint.

  * Changed default values so that the application window defaults to
    being a "normal" decorated X11 window that shows up in taskbar and
    pager.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm DESPONDENT ... I
                                  at               hope there's something