Is kdeinit4 necessary?

Marco Antonio marcoantoniofrias at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 21:27:49 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:06 PM, John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:

> Q1: what is the task of kdeinit4 (I don't run KDE)?

Hi, kdeinit4 and klauncher are responsible for managing KIO slaves
(kio-http), communicating with them and the application (krusader,
plasmoid, kwrite, etc.) that is using their services. In other words,
when a local or remote file is used by an application.

> Q2: is it necessary to get XFCE running? (or for something else?)

No, but if you use a KDE application (krusader, kwrite, digikam,
plasmoids, etc.) then yes.

I also use slackware 13.1 with xfce and it is best to uninstall all
kde packages.

Greetings and hugs...

Marco Antonio Frias Butrón
Software Developer