Problems with dual monitor setup in Xfec 4.8 pre1

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 28 02:15:30 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm having serious problems with Xfce 4.8 pre1 when using two screens.
The small screen is the display of my laptop, which is cloned to my new
24" display.

$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
LVDS1 connected 1280x800+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
261mm x 163mm
   1280x800       60.0*+   50.1
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3     56.2
   640x480        59.9
VGA1 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
531mm x 298mm
   1920x1080      59.9*+
   1600x1200      60.0
   1680x1050      60.0
   1280x1024      60.0
   1440x900       59.9
   1280x960       60.0
   1280x800       59.8
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3     56.2
   640x480        60.0
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

Problems:

I have two wallpapers on my large screen, one is the full 1920x1080 and
the other one the 1280x800 of the laptop: Screenshot
http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/screenshots/xfce/xfdesktop-two-screens.png

When pressing ALT+TAB I get two taskswitcher dialogs on each screen.
Screenshot:
http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/screenshots/xfce/xfwm4-two-taskswitchers.png

Are these different problems or is to root something deeper in the X
server?

Regards,
Christoph