Ethernet/Wireless Network Manager

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 22 20:04:20 CET 2010

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Thanks, Yves-Alexis. I'll use wicd.

   Uh-oh! I installed wicd, and it is invoked during startup. However, now
when I start X the keyboard and touchpad become completely non-responsive!

   How these are related I've no idea. It doesn't make sense to me. I had to
remove /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.config so no Ethernet connections are defined, but
that should have no effect on the keyboard and the touchpad. But, I'll try
not invoking wicd and see if that makes a difference.

How strange,

Rich