Configuration for ex-fvwm users

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Tue Nov 16 19:39:37 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 04:49:46PM +0000, Hans Georg Schaathun wrote:
> 2. Biff doesn't look good.  I need a simple xbiff application, one
> icon per mailbox (spool type boxes only), so the panel email monitor
> does not do it.  I am used to xbiff, but I cannot figure out how to
> make it sticky, title-less, border-less, etc.  In fvwm, this is a
> feature of the wm by pattern matching on the window title.  I
> cannot find such feature in xfwm.  Is there a different way to do it?
>
> This problem can obviously be solved either by a biff-like panel
> application or by figuring out how to strip the xbiff window.

I use wmbiff. Actually 4 of them to look at 20 mailboxes. The reason is
that I want to run seperate programs for each mailbox, so in one go how
much mail each mailbox has and not loose to much space.
So for me even an icon per mailbox would not be good.
How it looks : http://houghi.eu/s/288ZRNX.png

To do all the things you want, best take a look at Devilspie. wmbiff runs
borderless from the commandline, so I did not need to configure that part.

My configuration looks like this:
(if
        (is (application_name) "wmbiff")
        (begin
                (skip_tasklist)
                (pin)
                (opacity 50)
                (below)
        )
)

More on the configuration on http://foosel.org/linux/devilspie

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: