Panel Appearance/Behavior

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 15 23:05:16 CET 2010

   I just again read the xfce-panel page in the docs and did not see how to
fix the display.

   On my laptop there is a lot of blank space between application icons on
the left side and the 4 virtual desktop spaces toward the right end. This
space is apparently used to show the application(s) in a virtual desktop
when that v.d. has the focus. For example, the left-most v.d. has two
virtual terminal windows. When that has the focus I see that long space
divided into two with 'rvxt' in each part. Well, d'oh! I know that because
I'm looking at them.

   The 4.6.1 panel on my desktop (and all previous experiences) does not have
this space which tells me nothing I cannot see by looking at the screen.

   How do I remove this "feature" from the panel?

Rich