How do I prevent xfce terminal from grabbing the Alt key?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Nov 2 20:01:42 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 05:37:44PM +0100, Mike Massonnet wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> 2010/11/2 Chris G <cl at isbd.net>:
> > How can I stop xfce terminal (i.e. xfce4-terminal) from grabbing the Alt
> > key for its own purposes?
>
> Did you had a look in the preferences dialog? Edit > Preferences.
>
> There is an option in the Shortcuts pane "Disable all menu access keys".

Yes, I tried that and it had no effect at all.  I've just checked again
and that box is checked and I most definitely can't use the left Alt key
in the xfce4-terminal.  If I run (for example) an xterm *from* the
xfce4-terminal then the Alt key works as expected in the xterm window.
So it's not my environment causing the problem, its xfce4-terminal.

--
Chris Green