ANNOUNCE: Task Manager 0.5.91 (1.0.0 beta2) -- OSes support are in

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Mon May 24 20:32:31 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2670286/taskmgr/xfce4-taskmanager-0.5.91.tar.bz2
>
> sha1: 3f2f8e0248d298126d69b785fd49818d  xfce4-taskmanager-0.5.91.tar.bz2
> md5: 9b6fd8ea3b82b8160b3e1fe7c446b36b0f607d33  xfce4-taskmanager-0.5.91.tar.bz2
>
> Here it goes, the second beta of the easy-to-use task manager is now
> official. Additional support for OpenSolaris, OpenBSD and FreeBSD are
> in, they have all been tested and validated, nonetheless any report is
> welcome.

Just to confirm that it works fine on my Solaris 10 system.

A minor comment on the look: I preferred the previous behaviour
where just the short form of the process name is shown. It's just
a bit easier on the eye. (Perhaps that should be the default, with
the long form of the commandline as a tooltip?) It messes up sorting,
too, because you end up sorting by which directory a command is
found in rather than the name of the command, and other oddities.

Thanks,

--
-Peter Tribble