Applications added to autostart are very slow to start

Arthur Machlas arthur.machlas at gmail.com
Tue May 18 21:12:45 CEST 2010

Greetings,

I've added wicd and syndaemon -d -i 1.5 to my autostarted
applications, however they take quite some time to initialize, about 1
minute before either activates. Well, 1 minute for Wicd then another
10 seconds before syndaemon kicks in. I have a usable desktop much
sooner than that of course, my volume keys work immediately and I can
open a terminal and start and kill syndaemon before it even has a
chance to autostart.

I hoping someone can help me track down the cause of the slowness,
since I'm figuring there must be an app not playing nice at startup
time causing the ones that fall behind it to start more slowly. Is
there a file where the order of starting up is determined? Or a way to
set them concurrent?

Many thanks,
AM