Show day name in Orage day view

Arthur Machlas arthur.machlas at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:31:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Juha <kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> Unfortunately there is no configuration option for that format so it is not
> possible.
>
> Orage uses default date format for your locale.
>
> $ date +%x
>
> command shows the date in this format.
>

> Juha

That is actually somewhat helpful Juha. According to
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/ch-locale.en.html section
6.5, it is possible to pull the abbreviated day out of the default
locale using something along the lines of...

char *nl_langinfo(ABDAY_1 (Sun), ABDAY_2, ABDAY_3, ABDAY_4, ABDAY_5,
ABDAY_6, and ABDAY_7)

So the code shouldn't be too hard to add, though at the moment I think
I'll just look at whether it's possible to achieve what I want by
modifying my default date locale information.

Cheers,
AM