Opinions about translations.xfce.org

Mișu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Mon May 10 12:27:09 CEST 2010

Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> a scris:
> The Xfce Transifex (translations.xfce.org) installation is almost
> hitting the 3000th translation submission. With 88 users contributing
> in 44 languages I think we[1] lowered the bar to contribute
> translations quite a bit. However your opinion is what counts, so, any
> opinions how we can improve translating Xfce?

Not actually related to translations.xfce.org, but my opinion on
improving Xfce localization: I would love to see a new 4.6.x release!!!
I couldn't finish the Romanian translation in time for 4.6.1 and I was
following a roadmap in which 4.6.2 was supposed to be released about an
year ago. So most of my work for 4.6.x has been rotting in the
repository and users see the unfinished work from 4.6.1.

But it's not only about the Romanian l10n, a lot of translating work
was done in the last 12 months in the xfce-4.6 branches by most of the
l10n teams. So, will you please consider releasing 4.6.2, at least for
the sake of improved translations?

Thank you,

--
mișu