Thunar Questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun May 2 22:05:31 CEST 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Mike Massonnet wrote:

> Other than that, I can only acknowledge that these features all work.

Mike,

   We're well on the way to getting delete and move to work properly.

   But, the second question I asked remains unanswered; perhaps we can
resolve this one, too.

   When Thunar is invoked and we click on the 'Trash' directory it is filled
with system file directories (e.g., firefox, cups, perl, network manager).
Why? The file manager should show only trash in the home directory of the
user who invoked it, no? All the displayed directories are owned by root
(fortunately; she could not delete them by emptying the trash.

   I don't use file managers (but I looked at mc -- midnight commander -- a
dozen or so years ago before going back to working at the command line) so
I've no idea what a 'trash' directory is supposed to do or why it shows
system directores.

TIA,

Rich