maximize window not maximum

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:20:23 CET 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:33:13 +0100, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:33 AM, Thufir <hawat.thufir at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I prefer not to have a horizontal panel along the bottom of the
>> desktop. When a window is maximized that portion of the screen isn't
>> filled by the window, the window is too short vertically (the width is
>> fine).
>>
>> I found a request for this feature:
>>
>> "Add a possible 'maximize vertically' action to be executed when the
>> window bar is clicked on."
>>
>> http://wiki.xfce.org/wish_list#window_manager
>>

>> is this currently possible?
>
> Left/right click on the maximize button on the title bar?
>
> Or use the key shortcuts.

Left/right click the maximize button doesn't maximize the window.  That
portion of the screen along the bottom, where a panel was, but is no
longer, isn't covered by the window.

screenshot (sorta):

xxxx
xxxx

The window, signified by the "x", covers most of the screen.  However,
the bottom portion of the monitor, signified by the ".", isn't covered by
the window.  Why?

thanks,

Thufir