maximize window not maximum

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 13:27:00 CET 2010

2010/3/26 Thufir <hawat.thufir at gmail.com>

> I prefer not to have a horizontal panel along the bottom of the desktop.
> When a window is maximized that portion of the screen isn't filled by the
> window, the window is too short vertically (the width is fine).

Your desktop, your choices ;-) You can also set the panel to be auto-hidden,
which is in the end what I do often on small screens.

I found a request for this feature:

> "Add a possible 'maximize vertically' action to be executed when the
> window bar is clicked on."
>
> http://wiki.xfce.org/wish_list#window_manager
>

> is this currently possible?

Well, yes. With the mouse you can double-click the title bar to fill in the
gap, this can be configured via xfwm4-settings > Advanced > Action on double
click. And from the keyboard it works too, you can configure it in the same
dialog xfwm4-settings > Keyboard, and look for the Expand actions (there are
three of them).

thanks,

> Thufir

Kind Regards