Feedback of Xfce booth at Chemnitzer Linux Days 2010

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 09:18:26 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Fabian Nowak <timystery at arcor.de> wrote:

>> Not really, how can you have clone + different resolution? it's not
>> clone, it's two overlapping outputs.And in that case, what size are
>> you supposed to take as the actual size of the monitor, the small or
>> the large one?
>>
>> But for sure I would need the actual layout as reported by xrandr by
>> an application like
>> http://foo-projects.org/~olivier/misc/enum-displays.c
>
> Done, see http://xfce.fabiannowak.de/nvidia-xrandr-xfwm4-bug.tar.bz2
>
> The problem indeed is that whatever the screen is, the window is
> maximized with regard to the maximum screen size, when running this
> non-clone-but-double mode, if you want it that way.
>
> This problem was new to me as well because I always use
> TwinView/Xinerama and don't experience any problems with the latter mode
> regarding maximizing or anything else.

Well this is exactly what I thought, it's just two monitors with
different resolution overlapping.

And I see no bug here because if you have two monitors of different
size displaying the same area, you have to pick a size, whatever size
it is.

The current behaviour sounds pretty sane to me.

Cheers,
Olivier.