Please Approval My Forum Registration

Gilbert Sullivan whirly.gig at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 14:16:12 CEST 2010

On 06/28/2010 07:20 AM, samuel wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Michael Smith<mike at mlsmith.net>  wrote:
>> Hello All,
>> First off, I just want to say that I think Xfce is amazing. I started using
>> it about a month ago after using Gnome for years and I don't know why I
>> didn't try it sooner. It's a great DE but you already knew that. :-)
>>
>> Anyway, I signed up on the Xfce forum on June 22nd and received an email
>> stating:
>> "Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be
>> reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email
>> from this address."
>> I haven't yet received an email saying that I was approved and was hoping
>> that somebody could review my registration request? The username is Snoober.
>> Thank you!
>
> done

Hello.

I was just about to make the same request. I have tried twice to
register at the online forum. The first time, as GilbertSullivan, was
several weeks ago. I don't believe I ever got even the notice about
having to await approval.

The second time I tried with a different name, GS. That was last week. I
used a different e-mail address (Hotmail) because I've had so much
trouble getting mail from these lists at my Comcast account. I thought
maybe Comcast was trying to keep me from getting information about Xfce
from any source. (Seriously, I've asked them to look into it several
times and have received no response whatsoever from their e-mail support
or abuse department. It's a good thing that I don't pay a lot of money
for their services. Oh, wait!)

If you're able to approve one of my registration requests, I suppose
it's better to use the GS one, since I'm pretty sure that Hotmail
account will work.

Thanks,
Gil