How to configure default-email-client

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Fri Jun 18 00:14:15 CEST 2010

Am Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:19:00 +0200
schrieb Al Bogner <xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc>:

> Am Thu, 17 Jun 2010 01:09:15 +0200
> schrieb Christian Dywan <christian at twotoasts.de>:
>
> > Am Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:05:13 +0200
> > schrieb Al Bogner <xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc>:

> > > No problem, I don't expect that XFCE can everything do like KDE
> > > does it. Since I am migrating vom KDE4, so I try to find out,
> > > what is similar and what has to be done in another way.
> > >
> > > Font installation seems to be different too. I didn't find a GUI
> > > for importing fonts, so I copied them manually
> > > to /usr/local/share/fonts and executed SuSEconfig
> >
> > Maybe you should briefly mention what you would have done in KDE to
> > achieve the same task,  so people not familiar with KDE can help you
> > out.
>
> I cannot easily access a KDE-system anymore to give you the exact name
> of the menu. There is a GUI in the KDE-menu, which lets you add fonts
> and sorts the fonts by tape (ttf, a.s.o) and alphabet. You can decide,
> if the fonts are local fonts for the user, or used by the whole
> system.
>
> > There is no default interface for font installation. The common way
> > is to use Thunar (or any other file manager) to copy fonts to
> > ~/.fonts, /usr/share/fonts or /usr/local/share/fonts. Whether you
> > need to run a tool afterwards depends on the distribution.
>
> How can I use Thunar as user to copy files to a directory which is
> owned by root? Actually I would use the shell to do it, but I am
> interested to know how this works with Thunar.

A convenient solution is to add a context menu item that you can use on
folders in Thunar. Which goes like this:

Install "ktsuss", Then in Thunar in the Edit menu, you choose "Custom
user actions", click the topmost "Add" button. Then fill in like this:

Name: Browser as super user
Command: ktsuss Thunar %f
Folder pattern: *
[x] Folders