Associate Weather Icons with icon theme sets

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 23:44:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:07:37 +0200
David Mohr <squisher at xfce.org> wrote:

> On 07/19/2010 11:45 AM, Derick Centeno wrote:
> > Hi All:
> >
> > I've been acquiring Gnome themes which also work with Xfce and have
> > come to notice that the don't have the same icon themes for
> > weather.  I want to be able to direct the icon theme I'm using to
> > implement the weather icon set of my choice.  How do I do that?
> >
> > Thanks ahead of time for your efforts.
>
> You probably need to implement your own icon theme. You can put the
> weather icons you want in it, and just inherit the remaining icons
> from the icon theme of your choice.
>
> ~David

Clarification:
I've noticed that when I've downloaded certain icon themes they do not
appear to have a standard weather icon set which the xfce desktop
applet known as Weather Report utilizes.  I haven't found any
description or explanation regarding how that app accesses weather
icons associated with those themes or even where those icons are
located or how to point icon themes to utilize a different weather icon
set.

Short of writing my own icon themes set including the weather icons I
prefer to use where would I find an explanation regarding how weather
icons are associated with icon themes?

Thanks.