OT: xfce sound

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 13:25:46 CET 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:29:45 +1100
Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> articulated:

> I am running Mandriva/KDE with Xfce as a second desktop.  It is an
> absolute mess.  I have just discovered Mandriva's equivalent to
> Xubuntu, http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/XfceLive  It is a really solid
> desktop, and I propose to install it as my default soon.  Its email
> client is Claws, which seems to be every bit as good as Kmail, and
> close enough that the transition will be easy.

I have use claws-mail for years and have found it far superior to
KMail. Be sure to get/install the latest version -- 3.7.5 -- as it has
all the updates for LDAP, etc. There are loads of plug-ins. Be sure to
investigate that. They also have a great support forum if you need help.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

[He] took me into his library and showed me his books, of which he had
a complete set.

	Ring Lardner