Removing Thunar

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 11:24:58 CET 2010

Hello

2010/1/20 Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>
>> Do you maybe use the trash plugin or anything that might cause thunar to
>> be activated via D-Bus?
>
> Jannis,
>
>  No, I don't. I use the panel, window manager, and desktop. Everything else
> I do on the command line in an rxvt virtual console.

The desktop is xfdesktop and is the one that might be triggering the
dbus service for the trash. If you drop Thunar completely, the desktop
app will more likely start to complain that it cannot access the trash
service. Either switch to another desktop, rebuild the xfdesktop
without the dbus/trash support (that should be possible), or leave
Thunar as-is. I don't think this is really an annoyance as the process
takes up a few MiB like 5 or 6? :-)

Mike