Order of starting Autostart applications

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sun Jan 17 18:04:16 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 08:01:48PM -0500, Jerry wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 15:29:52 -0800
> Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org> articulated:
>
> > On 01/16/2010 07:38 AM, Chris G wrote:
> > > Is there any way one can control the order in which things are
> > > started in the Application Autostart list in Session and Startup?
> >
> > Not really, unless you want to play with the order they're listed in
> > the filesystem's directory entry.
>
> UNTESTED:
>
> Create a program that starts all of the other programs you want stated
> in the Autostart list. Place that new program in the Autostart list and
> disable all of the ones you placed in you program.

Yes, I did think of that, but it's a bit rubbish isn't it!  :-)

More to the point I'd *really* like the session autostarts to happen
before the "Session and Startup"->"Application Autostart".  This would
seem to be an obvious requirement as just about everything in
"Application Autostart" is something that just does checks in the
background and it matters not one bit if it starts ten minutes after
the system starts up.

--
Chris Green