ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.1.0 released
jannis at xfce.org
Sat Jan 9 01:26:16 CET 2010
thunar 1.1.0 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: b768ee32f360353e4fc70c640da8fd4ee065483b
MD5 checksum: 4edcb188781d992f4d246dd1c3d24033
What is thunar?
Thunar is a new modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment.
It has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its
user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any
confusing or useless options. Thunar is fast and responsive with a good
start up time and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using
Assistive Technologies and is fully standards compliant.
Release notes for 1.1.0
- Replace ThunarVFS with GIO. There will be a separate maintenance
release of ThunarVFS soon after this release. All functionality
previously based on ThunarVFS is now implemented on top of GIO
and GVfs. This means that remote filesystems can be accessed via
SFTP, FTP, SMB etc. For this as well as the trash feature GVfs
is required. Thunar does not depend on it because GVfs is a set
of GIO extensions and there is no guarantee for those to be
available at runtime if they are installed at buildtime. This is left
for distributions to set up properly.
- Thumbnails are now generated using the thumbnail management D-Bus
specification. One implementation of this specification is Tumbler
which is released independently.
- Bump the API version of Thunarx to 2 because symbols related to
ThunarVFS were removed and replaced by new symbols dealing with GIO.
This requires all existing plugins to be updated and linked against
thunarx-2 instead of thunarx-1.
- Show "Network" item in the side pane and the "Go" menu if the
network:// URI scheme is supported by GIO (via an extension). Make
the "Trash" item optional too.
- Use a single shared progress dialog for file operations instead of
individual dialogs for each operation. The visual information in this
shared dialog still has to be improved (work on this has been started
in an experimental branch).
- Use g_utf8_strlen to calculate the side pane width (bugs #3965,
- Add startup ID parameter to the BulkRename and LaunchFiles D-Bus
in order to support startup notification over D-Bus.
- Avoid requesting drag data if the drag target is GDK_NONE (bug
- Add startup notification support to the custom actions plugin.
- Use install-exec-hook for installing the thunar symlink (bug #5835).
- Use silent build rules if available.
- Use libxfce4ui instead of libxfcegui4.
- Depend on xfce4-dev-tools >= 4.7.2 to get rid of custom configure
- Depend on exo-1 >= 0.5.1.
- Updated translations: German, French, Chinese, Portuguese, Czech,
Latvian, Basque, Danish, Asturian, Japanese, Galician, Spanish,
Turkish, Russian, Swedish, Catalan, Albanian, Kazakh.
More information about the Xfce