wallpaper for multiple virtual desktops

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 16:22:25 CET 2010

Hey,

2010/2/28 Derick Centeno <aguilarojo at gmail.com>

> First thanks to the xfce team for flexible and interesting work!!
>
> Question:
> I would like to assign a different wallpaper (backround image) for each distinct
> virtual desktop.  How can I do this within xfce?

We don't have :-) So find a tool that does it for you or fire up your
favourite notepad and write code, assuming you are interested into or
already know about libwnck. You can use this library to listen to
workspace changes and use it to modify the current background via the
xfconf setting (cf. ``xfconf-query -c xfce4-desktop -lv`` or
xfce4-settings-editor).

Brian once wrote a small snippet for displaying the workspace name
during changes, it was asked on this mailing list too. It can serve as
nice a scratch program.

http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2007-February/020694.html

--
Mike