xfce4 startup appears to override my xmodmap keyboard settings

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Feb 8 22:09:50 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 08:51:39PM +0100, Fabian Nowak wrote:
> adjust your keyboard settings under the Xfce settings manager.

So how in Xfce settings manager do I specify what key I want to use as
the Compose key?

I agree absolutely that this makes sense but the Xfce keyboard
settings manager doesn't seem to have any way to set the function of
individual keys.

I think you have pointed *exactly* at the problem.  The xfce keyboard
settings come along *after* my xmodmap has run and set up the keyboard
so they overwrite my settings.  That's fine *if* I can somehow tell
xfce that I want to use the RH 'Windows' key as the Compose key.

Chris Green