How to change/edit menus in xfce4 on xubuntu 9.10

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Thu Feb 4 15:41:44 CET 2010

I'm running xfce 4.6.1 on a standard xubuntu 9.10 system (two actually).

My Applications menus have a couple of quirks that I'd like to tidy up.

    AisleRiot used to appear as both 'AisleRiot' and as 'FreeCell' in
    teh games menu, now it only appears as AisleRiot.  The file
    /usr/share/menu/aisleriot shows both entries but somehow this
    hasn't reached the xcfe4 menus.

    On one system I have a number of duplicate entries in the menus
    (probably due to past bad/failed installations etc.) how can I get
    rid of these?

I'm quite happy to edit things directly if necessary.

--
Chris Green