claws over thunderbird

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at gulfsat.mg
Tue Feb 2 07:04:04 CET 2010

> David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net> :
> On 01/31/2010 07:25 AM, Jerry wrote:
> > I have use claws-mail for years and have found it far superior to
> > KMail.
>
> Just wondering:  how does claws-mail stack up against Mozilla
> Thunderbird?

From the XFCE user and its philosophy:
- it is GTK only (no mozilla libs as dependencies)
- its memory footprint is smaller
- filter possibilities are very smart, once you know how to configure it

I just listed what I found in claws and not un thunderbird.
The first point is not really relevant if you already use Firefox.
I use Epiphany-webkit as browser and claws as MUA, so, no mozilla libs.

                +261 34 29 155 34 / +261 33 11 207 36