tux-racer from Games menu fails, but the program runs fine from terminal

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:00:50 CET 2010

I emerged TuxRacer on my very new system as a basic test of
3D/graphics operation. When I attempt to start it from the Games menu
my screen goes black and I have to shell in and reboot. However
running it from a terminal runs just fine.

How do I determine what XFCE is doing with the entry in the Games
menu? There doesn't seem to be a simple property editors for that sort
of thing so where do I find the command it's executing?

Thanks,
Mark