alternative application starter menu on desktop right-click?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Dec 21 18:09:38 CET 2010

I have switched from XFCE 4.4.2 to 4.6.1 (Xubuntu 8.04 to 10.04) and I
really miss the desktop menu editor.

I need a simple application starter menu on right-click-on-desktop, which I
can easily edit. ONE simple config file, not a bunch of XML files which
are not really human readable!

Is there an alternative application starter which I can bind to the right
mouse button?

Something like deskmenu
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/deskmenu.1.html

deskmenu would be perfect, if I could active it with the right mouse
button, but this does not work.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-685-65868
Allmandring 30                 Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/