Wifi problem

NW senex at drofle.com
Mon Dec 13 18:23:29 CET 2010

On lun., 2010-12-13 at 16:08 +0000, NW wrote:
> It seems odd to me that I can log on to wifi automatically as me but not
> as the new user. Can anyone suggest what I could do to sort this
> please? Do I need to give her root privileges?

I would ask on your distro support channel, giving more details about
how you connect etc. Xfce doesn't have any tool for network connection
so it highly depends on how you do it.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis

I have found the answer via another list. You can edit the wifi
connection as root, when logged on as the main user. Tucked away
at the bottom of the screen is a little check box which says 'Available
to all users'. I had never noticed that.  Anyway I checked that and it
now all works just fine. How weird is that? Why would I want an Internet
connection set up just for me?

This may be useful to other users,

Regards,

Neil