Xfce support for encrypted volumes?

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 11:10:01 CEST 2010

Dear all
I understand that thunar-volman has support for encrypted volumes on
removable drives. But what about a local encrypted device?

I have a /dev/sda9 encrypted partition and I can see no easy way to
mount it in Xfce. Although it is in /etc/fstab, neither Thunar nor
Places offers to mount it, while Devices panel plug-in silently fails
when trying to mount. Sofar, the only solution I found is to fire up
the GTK file chooser (from Opera), click on the device and enter the
password.

Would there be an easier way? Thank you
Liviu

--