More flexible new window focus setting would be nice

Balazs Marton balmar3 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:49:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

Sorry I bring up a year-old discussion, but here is a user everyone was looking
for: yes, I would prefer that new windows come up unfocused, and SECOND in the
windows stack, not first (thus not covering my focused window). I changed from
Gnome exactly for steal focus reasons, and happened to meet Xfce when the above
behavior was possible, and I did like it. Now in newer versions I can't do it
anymore, and I miss it. So let me double the wish from Guido:

Yes, me too would suggest to split the "automatically focus new windows"
option:

[ ] automatically raise new windows
      [ ] automatically focus new windows

(and I would leave both unchecked and live happily).

Thanks,
Marton