ANNOUNCE: midori 0.2.7 released

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Tue Aug 17 02:52:37 CEST 2010

midori 0.2.7 is now available for download from

  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/midori/0.2/midori-0.2.7.tar.bz2
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/midori/0.2/midori-0.2.7.tar.bz2.md5
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/midori/0.2/midori-0.2.7.tar.bz2.sha1

  SHA1 checksum: 61e6a802e0a561394b06bd75b0077549d1834d55
   MD5 checksum: 638a16424b444837d319723de5942a33

What is midori?
===============

A lightweight web browser based on WebKitGTK+, for Unix, Windows, Maemo
and other platforms. Several extensions provide advanced functionality
such as advertisement blocking, cookie management, userscripts or mouse
gestures.

Website:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/midori

Release notes for 0.2.7
=======================

Time for an exciting step ahead, databased backed bookmarks, which
brings in completion of bookmarks in the location entry and search in
the bookmark panel. On top of that we have dragging of bookmarks into
and out of folders.

A new feature is Delayed Pages. If Midori crashes and you open it again,
pages will be delayed/ suspended/ frozen and not fully opened until you
reload them. This is handy if one website is problematic, so it won't
crash or freeze immediately again. Also it accelerates startup because
not all pages are loaded into memory at once. The feature can also be
enabled by default in Preferences > General > When Midori starts > Show
last tabs without loading.

Fans of Speed Dial will like the option at the top of the Speed Dial for
larger thumbnails. Also you can now have as many shortcuts as you like.

Also worth mentioning are some performance optimisations during page
load as well as optimisations in adblock including compatibility
improvements.

Two new extensions are shipped by default: 'Minimize New Tabs' and 'Copy
Addresses of Tabs'. Have a look in the Extensions panel and try them.

A little goodie that came in last minute is completion of multiple
words, for example type "my cat" in the location, and it will match any
visited pages or bookmarks with a name such as "my chubby cats" or "my
box with cat toys".