connman plugin needed(Was: XFCE-counterpart of KDE-Networkmanager)

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Aug 5 06:40:48 CEST 2010

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 05:47, Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
>> On 08/03/2010 11:17 PM, Jax wrote:
>>> ifconfig loser...
>> This is inappropriate and unhelpful. This is not about "real men use the
>> CLI".
>
> Especially since ifconfig is being deprecated for ip(8) and iw(8) anyway.

enough!

I personally can't believe nobody has written an xfce gui frontend for
connman yet.

connman fits the typical usage models where Xfce as a desktop makes
sense and a lot of distro's that would package Xfce would totally be
benefitted by having some integration with connman, just like
Moblin/MeeGo currently has.

so, this is a personal call out from me (as MeeGo developer who
maintains the xfce4 packages for MeeGo) to the Xfce community to get a
connman UI frontend for Xfce4 developed.

Anyone interested?

This is an excellent starter project. Connman has an extensive dbus API
that is well documented and has plenty of good examples and test cases
(even in python) available to make something simple and get it working
quickly. I can potentially assist if people are interested in taking
this up.

Auke