XFCE-counterpart of KDE-Networkmanager

Al Bogner xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Tue Aug 3 23:04:26 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:28:18 -0400
schrieb Jordan Metzmeier <titan8990 at gmail.com>:

> Right now I am on a university campus and everything wicd scans, finds
> 15 APs, and writes all of them to the file.

So how can wicd be configured to consume not too much battery?

I managed it to get it work, but I still have some questions.

I would like, that wicd uses an automatic scenario:

If there is an ethernet connection, it should use this connection,
whatever else is available and there should be no need to confirm
anything.

If there is no ethernet connection, it should use wlan, if available.
The AP has to be confirmed manually

If there is no ethernet and no wlan it should use an umts-stick, if
available, The connection has to be confirmed.

Al