XFCE-counterpart of KDE-Networkmanager

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:54:21 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag, den 03.08.2010, 14:33 +0200 schrieb Harold Aling:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 14:10, Al Bogner <xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc> wrote:
> > What is the XFCE-counterpart of the KDE-Networkmanager? How do you
> > manage network connections with a netbook?
>
> I prefer Wicd as low-weight connection manager.

Unfortunately wicd is not really lightweight. It has less dependencies
than nm-applet, but uses more CPU, RAM and RSS, especially when
automatic discovery of WLANs is enabled.

One more alternative could be pynetworkmanager [1]. It comes with an
xfce4-panel applet applet, but I don't know if it well maintained and
actually works.

Regards,
Christoph

[1] http://code.google.com/p/pynetworkmanager/