something strange about xfce4 terminal(0.4.4)

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 20:10:11 CEST 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 17:30:31 +0800
mr my <stumyreg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> my system is gentoo linux
>
> this is my version info about terminal:
>
> Terminal 0.4.4 (Xfce 4.7.0)
> >
> > Copyright (c) 2003-2010
> >         os-cillation e.K. All rights reserved.
> >
> > Written by Benedikt Meurer <benny at xfce.org>.
> >
> > Built with Gtk+-2.20.0, running with Gtk+-2.20.0.
> >
> > Please report bugs to <http://bugzilla.xfce.org/>.
> >

> these days i have a problem boring me
>
> the cursor is "black", always black,
>
> please have a look at my attach img( always_black.png)
>
> the days ago, when it is normal, the cursor is white, as the attach
> normal.png showed
>
> my terminalrc is below:
>
> [Configuration]
> > AccelNewTab=<control><shift>t
> > AccelNewWindow=<control><shift>n
> > MiscCursorShape=TERMINAL_CURSOR_SHAPE_BLOCK
> > MiscTabCloseMiddleClick=TRUE
> >

> give me some suggestion please. thanks very much

The terminal config file will change with new updates/modifications
of your installation.  It just may be faster (require less time) to
modify the options of the terminal itself via the Preferences option
under the Edit menu.  If the menubar for the terminal is hidden, just
Right-click the terminal window and choose Show Menubar from the
popup menu.

At least, those options are always available no matter how much the
terminal config file is modified or hidden.

All the best...
Refranes/Popular sayings:
The Taino say:No hay mal que por bien no venga.
There is no evil out of which good cannot blossom.