Problem solved

Ernst W. Winter ewinter at ewinter.org
Wed Apr 14 15:25:05 CEST 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Jerry wrote:

> I am presently using XFCE4 on a FreeBSD system, with Hald/DBus
> enabled and have not experienced a problem. In fact, I have used
> XFCE with FreeBSD for years without any major problems.

Well what is the setup of it and with what version of Xfce4?

I have a friend here who is programmer and he said that there is a
bug in kde/xfce and that why it isn't working.

> Unfortunately, I have not seen this entire thread, so perhaps there
> is something I am missing here.

Here is what the error that appeard:
-----------------------------Snip-------------------------------------
unable to perform shutdown (bow with button for "ok")

org.freedesktop.hal.powermanagement, shutdown no
<-- (action,result)

> I might ask however; did you post this problem on the appropriate
> Hald/dbus forums?

Well as I said I didn't as I have a littel eeepc/NetPC where I have
FreeBSD on it too for 386 and habe the same problem.

So what could it be??? I would be happy for any suggestion.

Ernst