autostart firefox application only after mouse gesture

lieven lieven at ba.be
Mon Sep 28 16:29:31 CEST 2009

Good day,

I'm having an issue with autstarting firefox after logon to an xfce session.
The point is that I have to move the mouse before firefox will start.

xfce version 4.4.2 on ubuntu 8.04.2

I created a file firefox.desktop in ~/.config/autostart/firefox.desktop
contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.9.4
Type=Application
Name=firefox
Comment=firefox
Exec=/usr/bin/firefox
StartupNotify=false
Terminal=false
Hidden=false

I simulated a mouse click using "xdotool click 1" but that doesn't help
either.

The system is running from a read-only nfs mount and loaded into memory
of the fat client.

Can there be any reason why I need to move the mouse on the client pc to
get firefox to automatically start?

thanks for any advice.

--

Lieven De Puysseleir