copy xfce configuration?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Nov 27 00:29:41 CET 2009

On 26/11/09 17:39, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 26.11.2009, 17:04 -0500 schrieb Bob Goodwin:
>
>> I have a Fedora 12 computer on which I have set the screen
>>      configuration to satisfy me. That includes launchers with icons and
>>      panels 1, 2, and 3. Can I transfer my configuration to another user
>>      by copying a file/s? Or do I have to recreate it for each user? If
>>      so can I copy it to another F12 computer?
>>
> Of course you can:
> cp /home/user1/.config/xfce /home/user2/.config/
> chown -R user2:user2 /home/user2/.config/xfce
>

>>      Bob
>>
> Regards,
> Christoph

Thanks Cristoph:

That worked perfectly. I was also able to use the same technique to make
some other directories available to the new user "bob" that contained
the applications and icons associated with the launchers. Now my display
looks the same as the original [bobg].

I think that will save me a ton of work when I change this computer to F-12.

Thanks for the help.

Bob