Xfce Crashes When Choosing Theme "Wildbush"

Jon proedie at arcor.de
Tue Nov 24 22:31:59 CET 2009

Hello Everyone!

I have just experienced the strangest thing: I was playing with my brand new
installation of Archlinux (64 bit) with xfce and was searching for the most
enjoyable theme for the window decoration. As soon as I reached the
theme "Wildbush", Xfce and Xorg instantly crashed!

xfce4-session: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X
server :0.0.

(xfce4-settings-helper:1903): libxfcegui4-WARNING **: ICE I/O Error

(xfce4-settings-helper:1903): libxfcegui4-WARNING **: Disconnected from
session manager.

(xfdesktop:1891): libxfcegui4-WARNING **: ICE I/O Error

(xfdesktop:1891): libxfcegui4-WARNING **: Disconnected from session manager.
xinit: connection to X server lost.

waiting for X server to shut down xfdesktop: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection
reset by peer) on X server :0.0.

I have to manually change "Wildbush" to "Default" (or whatever) in the
xfwm4.xml to be able to start Xfce again. This happens every time I try to
select this theme, with both, Compositor on, and off.

Well, I guess I can live without this _really wild_ bush -- however, this
behaviour seems pretty odd to me. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Best wishes

Jon