using 'printf' in a script in terminal window

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 21 21:51:18 CET 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:59:33 +0100
Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> replied:

> Maybe because it doesn't make sense to clear the screen when running
> not interactively. I'd add there's no such things as screen, in that
> case.

True enough. However, there is no way to be sure if an end user will
use a script that I develop via CRON, in a Terminal like xterm, etc.,
or at a regular console sans "X". Adding extra code or creating multiple
versions of a script to circumvent this annoyance is an annoyance.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Philosophy will clip an angel's wings.