New Fedora 12 Xfce Spin available NOW!

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 18 12:29:32 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 18.11.2009, 09:15 +0100 schrieb Ali Abdallah:
> Christoph Wickert wrote:

> > New packages:
> >
> >       * parole as additional media player to totem. *
> >
> Hey, i have to mention that Parole is still a beta quality software
> (1.91), i'm saying that because lot of people thinks if the version name
> doesn't contain alpha or beta then this is a stable release.

Don't worry, Fedora users are used to get beta versions. ;)

> I hope Parole will replace totem, i think it should, specially after
> finishing the browser plugin (which is the only major feature that
> prevents me from release 2.0.0), so for an xfce installation there will
> be no need for totem plugin, mplayer-plugins, gecko-mediaplayer.

Exactly. Once there is a stable release with a browser plugin, I
consider parole as a complete replacement to totem. In fact it already
offers funtionality that totem does not have.

> Keep up the good work, i also like the page a lot.

Thanks Ali for your complements and a *BIG* thanks for your hard work.
Both xfce4-power-manager and parole are awesome and make Xfce a better
desktop than it already used to be.

> Cheers,
> Ali.

Regards,