New Fedora 12 Xfce Spin available NOW!

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:36:50 CET 2009

On behave of the Fedora Project I'm glad to announce the brand new
version of the Fedora 12 Xfce Spin, Fedora's installable Xfce Live-CD.
Get it while it's hot!

This new version includes many enhancements, new programs and lots of
updated packages.

New packages:
      * modiri as a lightweight alternative to firexfox *
      * parole as additional media player to totem. *
      * Xfburn instead of gnomebaker
      * xfce4-notifyd instead of Gnome's notification daemon
      * Lots of plugins for claws-mail
      * catfish instead of tracker
* We know that it's funny two have two web browsers or two media
players, but we want to gather feedback from users and completely switch
to the Xfce counterparts in Fedora 13 if everything goes well.

New features:
      * More Xfce!
      * More panel plugins such as xfce4-stopwatch-plugin
      * Fast user switching with the xfswitch-plugin
      * New version of the XFWM4 Nodoka theme with "shade" button, hover
        effects and free button placement
      * Plus all the great Fedora 12 features as described at
        http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/12/FeatureList

For more info, please visit http://spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce
ISO images are available at
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/#downloads.
If you want to install this on a computer without CD ROM drive, please
use liveusb-creator or unetbootin to create a bootable USB Key.

Feedback and suggestions for the next version of the spin are welcome!

Have fun,
Christoph