FAT: IO charset ISO-8859-1 not found?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:11:03 CET 2009

Am Dienstag, den 10.11.2009, 08:48 +0100 schrieb Bjørn T Johansen:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:36:34 +0100
> Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > export EXO_MOUNT_IOCHARSET="" in .bash_profile works fine here (after
> > login). Anyway the real solution is updating to 105 or flag the
> > package out-of-date on your distro.

Hi Nick,
the reason I didn't push 105 to Fedora 11 was that 104 was reported to
actually fix their problems related to encodings by several testers.
They needed UTF-8 in order do be able to share data between Linux and
Windows.
With 105 transfer rates are horrible low, even with the "Only sync
devices with no volume"-patch applied it takes 9 minutes for ~ 25 files
and 1,3 GB of data. The same USB key did the same in 90 seconds
previously.

> > Nick
>
> Oki, I downgraded the package for now and I will just wait until Fedora comes with version 105...
> Thx for the help though... :)

Hi Bjørn,
first of all apologize, because I'm the one who pushed the update, but
according to several testers it was a good one.

In order to debug this problem, please tell me what locales you are
using and what charset you want the stick to be mounted.

And here is 105 for Fedora 11:
It's not yet in updates-testing, but will be tomorrow. Please give us
some feedback at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/exo-0.3.105-1.fc11

Last but not least I'd like to ask you to report errors like this one to
bugzilla.redhat.com, because it makes tracking bugs and regressions
easier for us. TIA!

> BTJ

Regards,
Christoph