xfdesktop woes

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si
Fri Nov 6 17:00:15 CET 2009

Hi,

Using XFCE 4.6.1 here on Gentoo based system for couple of days and
xfdesktop seems to cause some trouble for me:
 - now and then after system startup and logging into X session my
windows would lose decorations i.e. toolbar and window manager buttons,
 - several xfdesktop processes are spawned at log in - is this causing
blinking icons on he desktop?,
 - log in takes far more time then before the 4.6.1 upgrade,
 - can not use my custom JPG file as desktop background as I used to -
stock files seem to work just fine, FWIW they are PNG though

Let me say that I'm using X.Org X Server 1.6.3.901 (1.6.4 RC 1), that
needed that xcb and related stuff to be recompiled.

I've followed gentoo notes on this:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.6-upgrade-guide.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/libxcb-1.4-upgrade-guide.xml
http://gnome.gentoo.org/howtos/gnome-2.26-upgrade.xml

Best regards,
Hinko

--
Hinko Kocevar
Technical support software engineer
mailto: hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si

http://www.i-tech.si - When your users demand stability

The information transmitted is intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, retention,
disclosure or other use by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please notify the sender and
delete all copies.